Consumers are smarter now than ever. They have learned how to shut out traditional advertisements by choosing DVRs over watching TV and skipping reading magazines for the sake of surfing online. With traditional marketing growing less effective, a need for a better method started growing. This is where content marketing stepped in to save the day.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is an innovative technique for creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to appeal to a specific audience and motivate them to take action that profits the business. Through status updates, tweets, blogs and articles, you can easily attract and retain your customers and complement your marketing strategy.
How to Get Started with Content Marketing
With search engines like Google crowning content as king, this is one aspect you can’t afford to miss out on. If you’re new to content marketing, consider the following to get started.
- Have a Plan – New and skilled content marketers alike need plans to ensure that their efforts are successful. The plan usually includes the type of content you should publish and when to do so. It also entails important tasks to help achieve a business’ goals.
- Decide on the Type of Content – Assess your target market and determine which type of content you should cover. For instance, for the younger generation, you can always go for humorous content as well as current affairs to appeal to both of their fun and serious sides. Great content article types are below:
- Top 10 Articles
- How-To style articles
- Must Have articles
- Commentary articles
- Set an Editorial Calendar – Organize your content creation process so that you can publish content at the right place and on the right platforms.
- Track your Performance – if you don`t track your performance. You`ll never know how well or how poor you are doing. Here is how to Track your Marketing Success.
- Keep a Consistent Voice – If you have multiple people working on developing your content, you need to ensure that they keep a consistent voice. This way, your readers won’t be confused by the difference in presenting ideas.
- Focus on Your Target Audience but Reach to Others – Your content marketing efforts should be dedicated towards attracting your target audience. However, if you post five for them, post one for your extended audience or the minorities that seek your services. This will make you feel friendlier and closer to them.
- Audit Your Content Regularly – You need to assess the success of your content through audits. Find out which posts appealed the most to your clients and which ones drove them away. This will enable you to deliver what they want and guarantee their traffic.
- Content Marketing Helps SEO – Well content marketing is a great complement to your overall marketing strategy.
These pointers will help you get started on the right path for building and managing your content marketing campaign. Once you get the hang of these, you can move on to advanced tactics and further grow your online presence.