Implementing Google Analytics tracking is vital to your digital strategy as you can track and analyze data resulting from your website and online efforts. This article will teach you how to find your Google Analytics Tracking ID and how to set up tracking.
Finding your Tracking ID or Tracking Code Snippet
- Sign into your Google Analytics Account.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Select the account from the drop-down box under Account.
- Under the Property column click Tracking Info then click Tracking Code.
- Decide how you would like to implement your tracking code:
- Website Tracking Use this Universal tracking code for the chosen property and copy and paste it into every web page that you want to track.
- PHP Implementation Use the code from Website tracking to create a file named “analyticstracking.php” and include it on your PHP template page.
- Dynamic Content Implementation (recommended) Use a common include or template to paste the Universal code from Website Tracking so you don’t have to manually add the code to every page.
- Google Tag Manager Use this if you have multiple analytics and ad performance tracking tools that require site tags. This also slows down your ability to run marketing campaigns.
Verify the Tracking Code Works
Once you have successfully added the code to your website, you may have to wait up to 24 hours for data to appear in your reports.
You have now successfully implemented Google Analytics tracking code on your website. Congratulations! 😎