Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the essentials to a websites success since it allows both users and search engine robots to understand the purpose of a site and its importance before looking at its content. With the growing importance of SEO, it’s about time that you consider hiring the right SEO expert.
Why Your Company Needs an Experienced SEO Professional
Google is regularly updating its search algorithm, prompting businesses to carry out updates on their website that ensure their position on the list of search engine results (SERP) stays the same or increases. Without a reliable (white hat) SEO expert helping your website grow, you’ll be wasting a lot of time and money. Other advantages of having a skilled SEO professional include:
- Better SEO Implementation – Instead of depending on yourself or someone with know-how of SEO, you should focus on hiring the real deal. In addition to bringing their expertise to the table, they will ensure the implementation of legal white hat SEO practices.
- Well-Rounded Link Development – Link building has been a challenge for most SEO specialists, especially with Google updates like Penguin, Panda and the recent Hummingbird updates penalizing websites for wrong practices. With an expert by your side, your link building efforts will be worthwhile. In addition, they will be profitable since these experts will discover hidden potential and any opportunities you can benefit from.
- More Conversions – SEO experts analyze the data they see and use it to create a website that ranks high and converts more visitors. The more data and the more control you give your SEO expert the better your results will be. Here are some help call-to-action tips.
Questions to Ask Your Future SEO Expert
If you’re convinced that your business can thrive with an SEO expert by your side, you need to hire one before your competitors get ahead of you. However, you should ask the following questions to assess their expertise.
- Do You Care About Content? – Content and SEO go hand in hand, if your website isn’t being updated with new content. Your SEO expert is going to have a tough time.
- What is the Quickest Way to Generate Links? – This is a trick question. Fake experts will pile up technical jargon and promise you the stars. On the other hand, true SEOs will explain that there isn’t an easy or fast way to build links.
- How Do You Track Your Success? – You should find out whether or not the SEO creates a strategy to compare their success against. This will also help you assess success on your own, ensuring that your needs are met and goals achieved. An easy way to measure success is just receiving a monthly SERP report. If you aren’t receiving a SERP report from your expert, that’s a major red flag.
- What Do You Need From Me? – It’s important that you ask about your level of involvement in the SEO process. If the expert says that they won’t need you at all, you should be a little suspicious since that means that they would do whatever they think is best without consulting with you. Most of the time, an SEO expert will need access to your Google Analytics and recommend additional corrections to your website (On-Page SEO).
Here is a great list of additional SEO questions to ask.
In addition to these, ask any questions that can help raise your comfort level with the expert. After all, you’ll be working with them for months or years to come and you need to be at ease to accept feedback and provide instructions.